During this 1 day climbing tour (optional 1 night ‘sleep under the stars’) we will climb Jebel Rum. Please be aware, climbing Jebel Rum is more serious than climbing for example Jebel Burdah! The traditional ‘Bedouin road’ is rated as grade III difficulty. Some special equipment for safety will be taken along.
- Meeting point – Rum village (Resthouse), between 09.00-10.00 hrs
- To Jebel Rum – drive about 30 minutes to the West of Jebel Rum
- Climbing to the top – 4 hours by the tradition Bedouin road
- Reach the summit – simply magic being on top with a 360-degrees open view over the desert is something you will never forget.
Return to Rum Village via Hammad’s route, 4 hours including some abseiling
Continue with a night on top of Jebel Rum ‘SLEEP under the STARS’
- Sunset – view the beautiful sunset on the top
- Sleep under the stars – spend the night under the stars, on top of Jebel Rum, with only the light of the moon
- Next morning – after sunrise and breakfast we start to go down, including some abseils, arriving on the East side near the Rum village
Full day jeep tour with English speaking Bedouin guide; all meals and drinks: lunch, dinner*, breakfast*, Bedouin tea, water, juice, biscuits; night at the camp*, mattresses*, blankets*; Bedouin life stories, songs, music, jokes, games; jeep back to Rum village.
(* only with an overnight !)